Perhaps you have tried out to transfer your domain or website to a new web hosting provider and didn’t receive help from your current web host? This specific is probably because they don’t want to lose you and their income. You need to choose a reliable web host so your website will function with maximum efficiency.
Good transfer a domain name to a new web hosting provider:
- Host failed to deliver what was promised in their advertising
- Slow or unresponsive technical support
- Unreliable service
- Too expensive
- Minimal space and bandwidth for your website
- Wish to switch from a Home windows server to a Cpanel server
- Don’t have all the characteristics needed to host your website
How to transfer a domain name to a new web hosting provider
1 . Locate a reliable website Hosting supplier
The most important features to look for in a good web host are:
- sufficient space and bandwidth to web host your website
- fast, effective, knowledgeable technical support
- site data to track the performance of the site
- daily backups of your data files
- server is active 99% of the time (1% needed for server upgrades)
- Change your name servers
The name servers are being used to point your domain to the machine where your website will be hosted. After placing your signature to up to your web host they will send you the new name servers. They may look like this:
ns2. yourdomain dot com
These are the steps for changing your name servers if most likely using Go Daddy as your domain name registrar:
- Log into your account with your username and password
- Go to domain office manager
- Check the box next to your domain name name
- Click on the name servers icon at the top of the web page
- Check the container that says “I have specific nameservers for my domains”.
- Enter your new name servers in the 2 boxes… nameserver just one and nameserver 2
Allow 24 to 48 hours for the name servers to be activated. This time is needed for your domain to propagate over the Internet. Do a Whois lookup at Whois us dot net to check if the name servers have been activated. If this has been successfully completed anyone can upload your website files to the machine along with your website will appear on the Web.
- Cancel your previous sponsor
Only do this after you have transferred your domain name to the new web host. Sometimes if you inform your old host you wish to transfer to another the one that won’t let you or are hesitant to do so because they don’t want to lose you as their customer. Some web hosting providers will bundle the domain name and hosting service together. In case you try to move to a new webhost you may lose the domain. Inside this case your only choice will be to register a new one before transferring to a new online data storage.